Ahhh February! The month where I’m starting to get a little tired of winter, snow, and cold. It’s the month where I’m finally well over Christmas, and am actively looking to start projects.
So. Many. Projects!
It’s also almost Valentine’s Day! I love the hearts…and chocolate! Who’s with me?
Back to the regular schedule!
Sunday & Mondays: Closed
Tuesday to Saturday: 9:30am to 4:30pm.
10% off Dimensions Christmas Stocking counted cross stitch kits from Feb 7-15. There are 6 patterns to choose from. February is a fantastic time to start these projects for next Christmas!
There is still a ton of items in the shop at 20% off to make room for the new items we are still receiving. Patons Lace, Patons Decor, Patons Peak, Diamond Luxury Tiptoe, and Red Heart Irresistible. Also, select colours of Bernat Pop!, Red Heart Unforgettable, and Patons Shetland Chunky. More will be added as we need to find room, so remember to check back often!!
New yarns this month:
January was a busy month for inventory!! So many new, luscious yarns.
– 7 new Opal sock yarns in fun, new colours, and even an 8-ply!
– Ancient Arts hand-dyed superwash Merino yarns in DK and Fingering weight 100g skeins…they’re so gorgeous and bouncy. A Canadian company and dyed in Alberta!
– Estelle’s Alpaca Merino worsted – a super soft, 60% Alpaca/ 40% Merino, extra squishy yarn in 100g skeins.
– Briggs & Little Country Roving in 8 colours – a five strand 100% wool roving in 227g cakes that is perfect for jackets and sweaters, and is from one of Canada’s oldest Woolen Mills in New Brunswick
– Wisdom Yarns Saki Bamboo fingering sock yarn – 50% Merino superwash/ 25% Nylon/ 25% Bamboo (more stock on it’s way!) in 100 gram balls, with rich, striping colourways.
– Mirasol Nuna – a sport weight 40% Merino/ 40% Mulberry silk/ 20% bamboo-sourced Viscose in 50 gram skeins, that is so super shiny, soft, and touchable.
– King Cole Cherished – the solid coloured 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic that works with the King Cole Cherish line. Some of the softest acrylics I have ever felt!
– More new, vibrant colours of Cascade Ultra Pima – a beautiful, lustrous DK weight Pima cotton in 100 gram skeins.
– Sirdar Snuggly DK – Super soft acrylic/Nylon DK solid colour yarns, that matches the Crofter line.
– More fun colours of Sirdar Snuggly Crofter – a fun Fair Isle effect DK weight Acrylic/Nylon yarn for super soft, patterned baby items.
– New colours of Universal Yarns Major – a soft, bulky, multicoloured 100% acrylic yarn in giant 200 gram balls.
– New colours of Katia Infinity Shawl – a soft, 100% Merino yarn in large 150 gram cakes.
– New colours of Patons Classic Wool Roving – a 100% wool roving yarn which is great for stitching or felting.
– New colours of King Cole Riot – a single ply, 70% Acrylic/ 30% Wool, bulky yarn in bright multicolours.
Ahhhh Valentine’s Day! A holiday that is both loved and hated at the same time!
Why spend lots of money on expensive flowers and fancy meals, when you can craft up pretty flowers and hearts for your true love (or yourself) so quickly and easily? There are so many patterns out there on Pinterest and Ravelry – let me show you a few that I find especially interesting:
So many hearts to choose from!
A pretty lacy crocheted heart from Drops Design on Ravelry.
Knitted Hearts free pattern/tutorial on Julie & The Knits. They’d make great coasters!
Tiny, crocheted hearts (that would make an awesome garland) from Everything Etsy.
Squishy, 3D free knitted Love You Forever hearts pattern at Tanis Fiber Arts.
Who doesn’t need heart-shaped or heart themed dishcloths?
A simple knitted heart dish cloth on Kris Knits.
Crocheted heart shaped kitchen set on the Wayback Machine.
Knitted Heart shaped dish cloth on WordPress.
And last but not least, a wonderful 22 heart projects round-up from Daisy Cottage Designs.
Have a great February, everyone!