One year has come and gone, and I can’t believe it! I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for all the amazing support I’ve had from all my lovely customers (you know who you are!)
Now that we are in the heat of summer, projects tend to get smaller and more portable…something not heavy and hot on our laps. Like dishcloths, and socks, and baby items, and mittens, and, and…and!! There are a million small, beautiful projects that can be done while traveling or at home, in small bites, and make fantastic gifts, as well. (Shouldn’t we be starting up our Christmas knitting now? LOL)
BOGO (Buy 1 and get 1 free!) All August: Bernat Pop!, Patons Peak, Premier Aurora & Sweet Roll, Bernat Baby Coordinates.
15% off Patons Classic Wool DK
10% off Bernat Softee Baby Stripes
10% off Briggs & Little Tuffy
New Yarns this month:
This past month, we’ve had several exciting new yarns come into the shop!
– Universal Yarns Bamboo Pop – 3 variegated and 4 solids in 100g balls with 292yds of 50% cotton/ 50% bamboo blend in a Sport weight. So soft and fun! We’ll be getting more colours of these in!
– Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie – 6 variegated craft cottons that match Red Heart’s Scrubby yarns! Super fun, bright colours in 85g balls so you can make items to match the scrubbies you make!
– Schachemayr’s Regia Sock yarns! We’ve brought in 4 colours of their Pairfect Design Line (a 100g Superwash wool sock yarn) and 4 colours of the Pairfect Kids Colors (a 60g superwash wool sock yarn). These amazing things make a perfectly patterned pair every time with the help of an ingenious yellow starting section to both socks! Come in and check them out!.
– Schhachenmayr’s Regia Baby Smiles – a tiny 25g ball of superwash sock wool so that nothing is wasted when you make baby socks! Currently, only the pink pattern came in, but we’ll be getting more soon…they’re so cute!
– Hayfield’s Super Chunky with Wool – a machine-washable 80% acrylic 20% wool super bulky (6) yarn in a 100g ball (79yds). Currently we have blue and cream in stock
– Diamond Luxury Baby Alpaca Sport – This is actually a bulky yarn (5) in a super duper soft baby alpaca, in 100g (100meters) hanks. Currently available in blue only, but soooo, so soft!
– Phentex Slipper & Craft Yarn – Yes! We finally brought in 6 colours for you because enough people requested it. This is a hard-wearing 100% Olefin yarn in 85g (164 yds) balls, perfect for making tough slippers and slipper soles.
We’ve received plenty of new colours for a few existing yarns and have restocked our Ancient Arts and Black Cat hand dyed yarns…come in and check them all out!
Classes and Events:
Wednesdays Sit & Stitch
Every Wednesday at 1pm, we have a stitchy get together right here in the shop. Bring your current WIP (work in progress) and come visit over coffee or tea!
Troubleshooting Tuesdays and all regular knitting classes have been suspended until the fall, since I know you folks are all so busy with Summer and vacations! You can still come on in for help, and I will do everything in my power to help you fix or sort out any problems you may have with your knitting. If you want a private lesson for knitting, it can be arranged with prior notice, just call the shop or come on in!
Summer projects are small projects!!! Small projects are prefect for taking traveling or on vacations. They don’t take up much space or yarn, and aren’t hot on your lap when it’s roasting outside! They also work up satisfyingly fast (admittedly my favorite part!) I love, love, love small projects!
Here’s a few of the free ones on Ravelry that caught my eye, and I’m sure I’ll try a few in the next while. How about you??
Sugar n Cream Dishcloth by Diana Lee – a staple knit in a corner to corner dishcloth – who doesn’t love getting gifted dishcloths?!
Woven Dish Cloth by Carrie Fleming – a change from the standard dishcloth, a pretty knit woven-look cloth.
French Market Bag by Alexandra Tavel – Crocheted in worsted weight cotton, these are quick, fantastic bags to move towards plastic-bag-free shopping!
The Force Awakens Hat by Mrs. Luedeke – a knit colorwork beanie for the Starwars lover in your life! Worked up in DK weight yarn, would be perfect in our Patons Classic Wool DK (which is currently 15% off until August 18th!)
The Landry Slouchy by Twisted Arrow Designs – a crochet beanie in a classic slouchy style and Aran weight yarn. A quick project for gifting or wearing!
The World’s Simplest Mittens by Tin Can Knits – another fabulous free knit pattern by Tin Can Knits (there are so many!). This multi-sized pattern would work up so fantastically in either our Patons Classic Wool DK or in our Black Cat or Ancient Arts hand dyed yarn for fun, warm hands this winter!
Crochet Water Balloons by Megan Meyer – a free (on her website) pattern for crochet balloons that you soak in water for re-useable summer water throwing fun! No more picking up broken rubber balloon bits all over your yard. There are so many bright and fun blanket yarn colours in stock to choose from (and one ball will make so many! Also perfect for using up scraps!)
Rose City Rollers by Mara Catherine Bryner – an easy, shortie, rolled cuff sock for summer knitting and wearing! We have tons of sock yarns and even hand-dyed sock yarns that would be amazing for these socks.
So many patterns are available for free! Be sure to search on Ravelry or your favorite pattern archive for more awesome summer projects.
Happy Summer Crafting!